February 15, 2012

More Everyday Enchantment DSP

I really like this DSP.  While making the card for the Pals February Hop, I just kept on making cards with the same paper.

        013

I used the Neutrals Ivory cardstock for the card base.  I really like the little specks throughout this paper, it adds a bit of a rustic look to the cards. 

Boho Blossoms punch was used for the flowers, Petite Pennants Builder provided the banner and the Curly Label punch was used for the window in the bottom right corner.

Looking a little closer ~

        011

Notice the ribbon, it was curled with scissors!  I thought I might as well go all the way with ribbons and curled up some card stock and worked it all in with a Victoria Lace bow.

The banner was given more depth by layering a second layer with the Neutral Ivory cardstock and then pulling up the top layer with my fingers giving it a small lift.  Sections of the Scalloped Edge Border punch were attached to the top as if holding it all together instead of using twine.

Using the Curly Label punch, I made a window in the center of the image from the Elementary Elegance Stamp Set.  The ‘HELLO’ is actually on the inside of the card.

            004 

This card has a lot going on, a little out of the ‘norm’ for me, but I have to say it was fun and I liked how it turned out.  By sharing this card, I hope you are able to obtain an idea or two.

Tomorrow is one last card using the same DSP.  Here’s a peek *smile*…

                        007

Thanks so much for the visit, it’s always good to have you stop by!

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! The curling ribbon is a great idea, much better than trying to heat it with the heat tool like I did!!!

Kathy said...

Your card is so pretty! Reminds me of many of the cards I see over at the site "Shabby Tea Room" =if you have not visted this site yet I believe you would like it -Now it is not a SU web site but it has tons of eye candy!

Autumn Mist said...

This card is divine! I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol Carriveau said...

Wow!!!

Patti Willey said...

Ho! You're right! A lot going on! Wow fantastic!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this paper too and this card is beautiful! I love all your touches, the curly ribbon, the flowers and the pennants are all so cute!

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love your papers,love your style. Your blog is fabulous gorgeous creations. A new follower.xxx

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Do you ever make sympathy cards? The reason I ask is because I made my first one last night and it was a horrid feeling, the entire way through. Now I MUST make something uplifting just to get rid of the sadness.

Sandie Conner said...

Beautiful! Love all of the pennants, so cute!

Carla said...

This is gorgeous I love those details, each and everyone! I love how you added the dimension to the banner. Of course that ribbon is to die for all curled up. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...