August 03, 2011

A Birthday Card

Howdy Everybody!!  Hope you day is being good to you so far.  Mine is okay…… if you don’t mind being reminded how old you are!!

Our oldest Granddaughter is going to be turning “thirteen” next month.  OMGosh a teenager!  She is coming up this weekend and one thing on the agenda is to address party invitations.  I put this one together as a suggestion.

001

I love these colors – Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight.  They are just so crisp and clean!  Very summery.  I combined them with a little Lucky Limeade and Galypso Coral.  The diamond piece is the Big Top Birthday DSP.

Looking a little closer…

        007

See the circle around the “th”?  I made that using my 1/4” circle punch and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  Did you know the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes is 3/8” in diameter?  Perfect with the 1/4” circle punch.  The numbers were colored with Stampin’ Up watercolor pencils.  For the sentiment, I only used half of the Happy Birthday stamp.  Happy was at the top of the numbers….didn’t think I need to say it twice. *smile*

Inside…

                  011

                  008

I think it turned out pretty good.  But not sure using the eyes of a soon to be TEENAGER

Supplies needed ~ All are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, T. Turquoise, D. Delight and Big Top Birthday DSP
  • Stamps and Ink – Bring On The Cake and Lucky Limeade
  • Misc. – Stampin’ Up watercolors and T. Turquoise Ribbon, MS balloon punch, CB EF

So we’ll see how this card flies…..I’ll keep you posted.  If this one doesn’t work I’ll be posting another one!  *smiles*

This will be my last post until Monday.  We’ll be having a house full for a long weekend and there’s plenty to do before hand.  BUT I got some cute stuff for you next week!   PLUS there’s another Pals August Hop – featuring 3D items…..I’ve cooked up a good one!  See you all then!!

ALWAYS……thanking you for stopping by!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! I LOVE this invite, the colors....I have to agree, I love them together, I'm sure your GD will be thrilled with this ~ love those little balloons, did you cut those, or is this a punch! TFS Linda, I adore your creations :-) have a great week

Gerry said...

Super cute...love the colors. Your granddaughter will love it. Teenage granddaughters' are soooo much fun ;)

Linda said...

LOVE this card!! As a mother of a soon-to-be teenager ~ I'm SURE this will be a hit!! But, feel free to post another option ~ for us :o) !!! I wasn't sure I liked this number stamp, but now I think I do. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Card Linda!!! I love it! It is very girlie, hip and modern! Perfect for a teenager! Hugs, J

Carla said...

I love it!!! Your card is fabulous. Love the details and that fabulous embossing background. Love how you used the Bday stamp. Enjoy your family!!! Enter this is the PPA 105!!! Hugs,

Ann Schach said...

Linda, this is fabulous! So bright and cheery...the perfect invitation for a 13th birthday party at a waterpark!

Gisela said...

I just love your work. I look forward to your creations. Thank you. Gisela

Anonymous said...

Great use of texture!

Hugs, M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...