March 10, 2011

A Funky Fold Card for the PPA84

This week at the Pals - http://www.palspaperarts.com/ – its Inspiration-Spring/Easter week. I found this card style before Christmas  liked it and thought of using it for this challenge. 

My directions were hand written (yikes!), which tells me I was out of ink in the printer, and I had one pattern already made.  I should have made this card right then but, here it is March and I am just getting around to it.  Move fast don’t I!!!  Ever try to pour molasses outside in the dead of winter?  That’s me!! *smile*

Without further ado……..

              033

              036

 

The reason I liked this card style was the fact that the middle section gives you a lot more room for your focal point.  The card begins with 6x12 piece of card stock. 

I began with the colors Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso.  I ran each piece of D. Delight thru the Big Shot using the wood grain textured plate and sponging them with More Mustard.  Using the scalloped edge border punch I cut the pieces that were to go on top. 

You can find out how to cut the center square piece and additional sizes from a tutorial found here:   http://www.stampinpretty.com/  Mary would be glad to have you visit her!

I made the flower from the small oval and scalloped oval punches.  Of course I just can’t make a flower without the two step bird punch that’s for sure.  This middle section is popped up with dimensionals.  Another thing I love is the Movers and Shapers, do you notice how perfectly it frames your Modern Label punch?  And what would a card be without a little bling. *smile* Bring on the gold half pearls…..

It was difficult to get a picture of the inside in its entirety (that suited me to post), but I think you can get the idea looking here….

                     034

The white line you see is only a reflection.  *smile*

Supplies needed ~ all are SU unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, D. Delight and A. Artichoke
  • Stamps – Teen Tiny Wishes w/ E. Espresso Ink
  • Punches – Small Oval, Scalloped Oval, Two Step Bird, Scalloped Border and Corner punches, small flower by McGill and a 1/4” circle punch
  • Misc. – White gel pen, gold half pearls and M. Mustard Ink

Hope you give this card style a try.  I had fun making it and I know you will also.  I’ll let you friendly stampers move on to “oogle” at more cards there’s a lot out there today SmileThe Pals Designer Team has some BEAUTIES!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

8 comments:

Carla said...

Your card is stunning!!! Wow! I love all your details... the gold gems, the lacey edges... everything. Its perfect! Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Wow is right! This is amazing! Gorgeous flower and wonderful details!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is fabulous, Linda! What a fancy fold! Gorgeous!

Crystal Wessley said...

Linda

I LOVE this card!! Where can I find the dimensions and where to cut and score at I would love to make this card.

Thanks
Crystal

Pauline said...

What a stunner, Linda, I love everything about this bright Springy card! TFS; the only bad thing about Blogland is you can spend HOURS cruising through but what wonderful scenery! Have a great day, Linda.

Mary Fish said...

Absolutely beautiful. So much attention to detail.

Hugs, M

Pam~ said...

You may pour your molasses in the dead of winter (hehehe), but it works! This card is unbelievable GORGEOUS Linda! The details you put onto the paper are amazing, let alone the great layout! Thanks for playing at PPA.

Melanie C said...

Simply stunning!!!!! Excellent job with the challenge! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...