March 16, 2011

Butterflies In Flight…

I just love my Beautiful Wings die.  When running them thru your big shot, it cuts and embosses them at the same time.  You can let them stand alone or stack them.  With this card I did both. 

I have to tell you the whole time I was making this card I kept humming the tune by Tim McGraw…….”cause you’ve given me the most beautiful set of wings”…….”1-2-3-like a bird I sing”…..are you humming it now? *smile*  Keep it going…..

 

              001

On the larger butterfly I made the body…kept cutting an oval piece down until I got it to the size I wanted and then added a couple pieces of black wire for the antenna’s.  Each butterfly was cut in Daffodil Delight and the edges were sponged with More Mustard.  The more I look at this card the butterflies remind me of Mama Butterfly with her three kids *smile* The small butterflies are mounted on the Little Leaves die as if to be holding on.  The Spellbinder circle die provided the mat for all to be mounted upon.

The background paper is from the Patterns DSP Stack/Neutrals and behind that is textured Daffodil Delight card stock.  Both cut in triangles with the top layer being 1/8th” smaller.

A simple inside ~

                      001 

 

Okay were done you can stop humming….. Smile

Supplies needed – All are SU unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – D. Delight, W. White, G. Green, Patterns DSP/Neutrals
  • Beautiful Wings and Little Leaves dies
  • Misc. – Half pearls, wire and ribbon from my stash and M. Mustard Ink

I have had many emails with questions on the various cards that I’ve done and I appreciate each of them!!!!  I am a firm believer “if you don’t know…….ASK!”  I am only a click away and am more than glad to help you.  Don’t hesitate!

With that said I’ll close here hoping all is well with you and your families and I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow… right back here! 

Photobucket

 Photobucket

3 comments:

Carla said...

Linda, your card is beautiful!! I love those butterflies!!! I just used that die yesterday... great minds!!! Love the colors and layout. Hugs,

Dee Jackson said...

So very pretty!! I really like the color combo. Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Silke Ledlow said...

Linda, your card is super beautiful! Love the colors end the embossing! thank you for playing the FTTC with us! Hugs~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...