February 16, 2011

A Feminine Birthday Card

I had no inspiration nor any particular reason for making this card today.  It was one of those days where I just felt like dabbing into those water colors a little bit and usually along with that comes the involvement of paper snipping as well. I decided to make it a birthday card knowing its one that’s most often used by me. 

021

I still have not replenished my brushed gold paper.  And again, I cut out the oval frame and brushed it with my gold leaf pen. With gold eb, I heat embossed the gold script on the inside.  Choose the the stamp set I wanted, it had a flower that curved just enough to fit the outside of the oval nicely, added a couple punched leaves and I was pretty much done.  The longest time was spent snipping out the flowers, they are a little on the fragile side, but well worth it when all was said and done.

And the inside ~

022

And no I did not snip out this flower, just left it stamped. *smile*  

TIP:  Today it’s more like a reminder than a tip.  Keep two pairs of scissors on hand - one for paper and the other for ribbon.  I learned the hard way, tried to make one pair of scissors do for both jobs.  It doesn’t work, not for me any way.  There is one little tip though…..I love my SU scissors and have two pair I use the most.  They look identical – so to tell which one I use for paper and not for ribbon – I tied a small piece of scrap ribbon on the handle.  Now I know which one to grab for all paper work without having to stop and think which one to pick up.

Supplies needed ~  all are SU unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – Always Artichoke, W. White, and P. Plum (retired)
  • Stamps – Asian Artistry, En Francias and Sincere Salutations
  • Misc. – Water colors, MS leaf punch, gold leaf pen, ribbon from my stash and CB folder

Thanks again for stopping by.  I hope you have an awesome day!!!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

2 comments:

Carla said...

I wrote on my scissors with a sharpie and have to pull em out to see which one I grabbed... alright I want a complete list of your tips. A pc of ribbon... its the easiest things that make you feel so stupid.

Your card is beautiful, inside and out. I love your watercoloring... simply stunning!

Hugs,

Pam~ said...

Love the texture and color on this beauty! Girlfriend, you can do some great snipping too ... WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...